Welcome, Login
Outside Winnipeg: 1.800.463.8371

Let Us Help You

LCTaylor has helped thousands of people to solve their debt problems, stay out of debt and save for a secure and comfortable future.  Whether you have bad credit, can’t pay your bills or are bothered by calls from collection agencies, LCTaylor can help with your money trouble. Put simply, we help you find debt solutions.

Contact Us


If you’re struggling to get out of debt, LCTaylor is here to help.

Trustees in Bankruptcy are the most highly trained and educated insolvency experts in Canada – and ours are among the best. We specialize in solving financial problems for both individuals and businesses. Our Trustees are licensed by the federal government to provide insolvency solutions.

With a combination of expertise in debt counselling and long-term financial planning, the Trustees at LCTaylor will not only help you get out of debt, but will help you plan your financial future afterward.

Credit Counselling
Credit Proposals
Estate Management


What can I keep in a bankruptcy?

A person who files for bankruptcy is allowed to keep any property that qualifies as exempt under provincial or federal legislation and that has not been given as collateral to the creditors.

Some Typical Manitoba Exemptions:

• Household furnishings not exceeding a total value of $4,500  (note: this is resale value, not replacement value)

• Tools of the trade not exceeding a total value of $7,500, includes:

• One motor vehicle not exceeding the value of $3,000, if necessary as a tool of the trade. This includes a vehicle used to get to and from work

• Equity in a home owned by the person who filed for Bankruptcy, to a maximum of $1,500 each, if in joint tenancy, or $2,500 if not in joint tenancy

• Locked-in pension plans and RRSP

• Some life insurance policies

Manitoba Farmers’ Exemptions:

• Animals necessary for farming operation for 12 months
• Farm machinery and equipment necessary for the ensuing 12 months of operation
• One motor vehicle if required in agricultural operations
• One quarter section of land

Please contact us for a more detailed list of exemptions. Exemptions vary from one province to another. For Ontario exemptions, please contact our office.

Take the Quiz

Twitter      facebook     Google+     LinkedIn